1. Alibaug beach- Beautiful and fresh lined with coconut trees.
2. Kolaba Fort- Built by Shivaji in 1680, the Kolaba Fort stands I km across the beach in the sea. It has witnessed great naval battles between the British and the Portuguese.
3. Tomb of Kanhoji Angre - exquisitely sculpted, lies the sacred memory of the great Maratha warrior.
4. Siddheshwar Mandir- 4kms from the Alibaug-Pen state highway, is the beautiful Shiva temple on a hillock near the village Khandale.
5. Khanderi & Underi Islands- These islands were fortified by Shivaji. Can be visited if time permits.
6. Bet El Synagogue- It is a heritage property and one of the most visited tourist sites in Alibaug. It is evidence of the large Jewish population that lived in Alibaug.
7. Varsoli beach- Lying on the outskirts of Alibaug, it is a sparkling white sand beach. A must visit.
8. Akshi beach- 6km away from Alibaug, it is desirable for children as the beach is a flat stretch for a long distance. Beautiful and safe.
9. Kaneshwar Mandir- 13km from Alibaug, lies the famous Shiva temple atop a hill. To reach the scenic temple, one will have to climb the well paved stairs which will take around an hour. It comprises of the Paleshwar, Sri Hanuman, Sri Balram Krishna and Lord Shiv temples.
Accommodation- Several beach resorts and hotels are available( prior booking required). Also you have ample choice of homestays & bungalows on rent.
View Larger Map
I like trvl
Though Alibaug doesn’t have too many happening places, it is really good if one just wants to unwind and relax. Good restaurants, fresh air, late night walks on the beach and beautiful sunsets are enough to make this place ideal for a vacation.
The beach is quite safe for swimming but it was extremely crowded on the weekend. A visit to the fort in the middle of the ocean is a must. It is ideal for photography and adventurous too as we took s small ferry due to the high tide. Overall, one day is enough.