- 147 Kms
- 3 / 5
Location: Near Alibaug
Akshi Beach is a serene and secluded beach located in Akshi, a quaint fishing village, situated about 5 km away from the coastal town of Alibaug.
Akshi Beach is a serene and secluded beach located in Akshi, a quaint fishing village, situated about 5 km away from the coastal town of Alibaug. The beautiful and clean beach is a must-visit whenever you visit Alibaug.
Start early in the morning for Akshi beach to relax in the warmth of the sun, accompanied by the cooling sea-breeze. Enjoy the fresh air and the sounds of nature while you walk along the white sand or swim in the gentle sea. Swimming in Akshi Beach’s cooling waters is perfectly safe for children as well.
More than 300 types of migratory birds are seen around Akshi Beach, making it a popular birding spot. You can look forward to getting great photographs of beautiful birds like Oystercatchers, Plovers, Ruddy Turnstones, Bar-tailed Godwits, Dunlins, Terns, Seagulls etc. Surrounded by tall Suru trees and several other local florae, the beach is a perfect spot for nature lovers.
There are quite a few beach-facing resorts and homestays along the beach, most of which serve delightful Konkani style seafood as well as pure vegetarian fare. Also, make it a point to visit the nearby towns of Alibaug and Nagaon when you visit Akshi Beach.
- There are many good homestays, hotels and restaurants in Akshi providing comfortable accommodation and ample food options.
- Mode of Transport: A privately-owned car or a hired car is the best way to reach and explore Akshi Beach from Pune.
Things to do
- Owing to its natural beauty and secluded location, Akshi beach is the perfect destination for you if you are looking for a romantic getaway or a relaxing family vacation.
- You must visit Akshi if you are an avid birder or photographer, as a wide variety of migratory birds visit this bird lover’s paradise.
- Foodies will love the delicious Konkani style cuisine available at several resorts, homestays and restaurants in Akshi.