- 142 Kms
- 3 / 5
Location: Near Satara
Chalkewadi Windmills Farm near Satara is a vast plateau covered in refreshing hues of green and dotted with pink and purple flowers similar to Kaas.
Chalkewadi Windmills Farm is situated about 4 km away from Thoseghar Waterfalls in the city of Satara. The farm is a vast plateau covered in refreshing hues of green. The plateau is dotted with lovely pink and purple flowers, similar to those seen at Kaas.
Hundreds of windmills created by a Pune-based company called Suzlon are spread over the adjoining hills of Chalkewadi. Spread over 5km, the windmills supply electricity to Satara and neighbouring places like Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar.
Walk or drive along the 5-km concrete road of Chalkewadi with beautiful and soothing green hills on both side. Feel the wind ruffling your hair as you feast your eyes on the delightful landscape. If you visit during monsoon, you’ll be able to see the rare species of flowers covering the entire plateau.
Chalkewadi is the perfect destination for a small weekend road trip from Pune, where you can let go of stress and enjoy some much-needed moments of peace and quiet. To make the most of your visit to this little piece of heaven, carry a thermos of piping hot tea or coffee and some delicious packed snacks. Soak in the beauty of this place, as you bond with friends and family over a cup of your favourite hot beverage.
With its astounding natural beauty and tranquil settings, Chalkewadi is both a Photographer’s Haven as well as an offbeat spot for an impromptu picnic. Also, if you have some more time on hands, do visit lovely nearby attractions such as Thoseghar Waterfalls and Sajjangad.
- There are no restaurants or food stalls at this place, so carry your own snacks and beverages.
- There are no accommodation options at Chalkewadi. However, there are several nice hotels and resorts in Satara, where you can stay for the weekend or more.
- Mode of Transport: The only way to reach Chalkewadi is by car.
Things to do
- Enjoy a scenic drive to Chalkewadi, a windmill farm near Thoseghar Waterfalls in Satara.
- Visit Chalkewadi during monsoon to see beautiful rare flowers dotting up the entire plateau.
- Soak in the astounding natural beauty of the lush green landscape, while bonding with friends and family over a hot cup of tea/coffee and delicious snacks.
- Feel refreshed in the tranquil settings and enjoy some much-need peace and quiet, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.