- 349 Kms
- 4 / 5
Location: In Sindhudurg District
Located on the outskirts of Devgad town, the picturesque Devgad Beach is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Sindhudurg.
Devgad Beach is a picturesque beach located on the outskirts of Devgad town in Maharashtra’s Sindhudurg district. Even though it is comparatively smaller in size than other beaches in the Konkan region, it has become a favourite with tourists who are astounded by its pure and pristine beauty.
Be mesmerized by the first view of Devgad Beach’s blue-green waters from atop the hilltop, where cars are parked. From here, ascend down a flight of steps to reach the beach, which is covered in shiny white sand and surrounded by graceful lush green trees. Feel one with nature as the soothing sea breeze greets you, accompanied by the sounds of waves crashing against rocks and the sweet chirping of birds flying overhead.
Take a relaxing stroll with your loved ones, exploring the splendor of this untouched beach that’s sandwiched between two small hills. As you walk towards the northern end of the beach you will notice a row of giant windmills located atop a hill. You may climb a flight of stairs and reach the top of the hill if you want to take a closer look at the windmills or simply photograph the stunning view from below.
Close to the Devgad Beach lies the Devgad Fort, located at the confluence of the Devgad Creek and the Arabian Sea. Built in 17the century by Maratha Naval Chief Kanhoji Angre, very little remains of the fort today. However, it is worth-visiting owing to the 15-m high lighthouse built in its premises. Visit the fort and the lighthouse in the evening to enjoy a memorable sunset and photograph a panoramic view of the Arabian Sea during the golden hours.
Devgad is also famous for its Alphonso mangoes, so don’t forget to gorge on some divine saffron-coloured ‘Devgad’ mangoes if they are in season.
There are many comfortable homestays and resorts in Devgad town and in its vicinity, all of which serve mouth-watering Konkani cuisine.
- There are quite a few good resorts and homestays in the town of Devgad and its vicinity.
- Modes of Transport : A privately-owned car or a hired car is the best way to reach and Devgad Beach from Pune.
Things to do
- Feel refreshed in Devgad Beach’s picture-worthy settings.
- Relax with your friends and family enjoying the gentle sea breeze, building sand-castles or simply walking across the stunning shoreline.
- Visit Devgad Fort and lighthouse to capture a magical sunset overlooking the Arabian Sea.
- Indulge in delicious Devgad mangoes during mango season.