- 314 Kms
- 4 / 5
Location: In Ratnagiri District
Situated near Ratnagiri, the tranquil Ganeshgule Beach is known for its beautiful white sand, blue water and picture-perfect settings.
Ganeshgule Beach is a tranquil and beautiful beach, about 25 km south of the town of Ratnagiri in Maharashtra. If you are seeking a peaceful retreat away from the hustle and bustle of city life, Ganeshgule Beach is the perfect place for you.
The beach is on the smaller side when compared to many other beaches in the Konkan region, but therein the real charm of this hidden gem. Stay at one of the lovely homestays or resorts along the Ganeshgule Beach, and let the beach become your own private haven for a few memorable days.
Bask in the warm sunshine as you lie on the glittering white sand, enjoying the refreshing sea breeze or dip your feet in the soothing water, listening to the sound of waves lashing against the rocks. Enjoy a dreamy sunset as the sun paints the picturesque surroundings with the colors of dusk.
If you love mangoes, especially the Haapus variety, visit Ganeshgule during Mango season and treat yourself to some of the best mangoes you have ever tasted. Join a mango tour, conducted by one of the several homestays in Ganeshgule to indulge in the fun activity of harvesting farm-fresh mangoes. Feast on a variety of delicious mango products and juicy mangoes to your heart’s content, and take some home to enjoy later.
Make sure to visit Ganeshgule’s Shri Mahaganesh Temple, dedicated to Lord Ganesha. The temple is said to be about 400 years old and is one of the few Indian temples facing southwards. The temple’s Ganesha Idol is ‘Swayambhu’ which means ‘naturally formed’. In addition, the trunk of the Ganesha Idol curves towards the west. The temples premises also contain an ancient well belonging to the Pandava era.
Don’t forget to please the foodie in you by eating all the mouthwatering Konkani dishes and indulging in local delicacies like cashews, coconuts, raw mangoes, kokum sherbet and more.
- You may stay at a beach-facing resort or a nice homestay providing heart-warming hospitality.
- Modes of Transport: Best way to reach and Ganeshgule Beach is by car.
Things to do
- Experience a memorable and romantic vacation with your partner, enjoying the magnificent natural beauty of Ganeshgule Beach.
- Spend quality time with family and friends, lazing in the shade of the coconut trees, walking across the soft white sand and occasionally dipping your feet in the seawater to cool-off.
- Visit Ganeshgule during mango season to feast on the ‘king of fruits.’ And buy some of the best mangoes and mango products to take home.
- Visit Ganeshgule’s ancient Shri Mahaganesh Temple dedicated to Lord Ganesha.
- Eat delectable Konkani cuisine and local produce like cashwes, coconuts and more.