- 199 Kms
- 3 / 5
Location: Near Dapoli
Anjarle’s Kadyavarcha Ganpati Temple is one of the most revered temples in Konkan as well as a popular tourist attraction owing to its scenic settings.
Kadyavarcha Ganpati Temple is situated in the charming village of Anjarle, near the town of Dapoli. It is believed that this temple, dedicated to Lord Ganesha was built in 1150 and was later renovated between 1768 and 1780. It is one of the most revered temples in Konkan as well as a popular tourist attraction.
The route from Dapoli to Anjarle is absolutely beautiful and picturesque. You will want to stop at many points along the winding roads to capture some stunning shots of the sea, fishing boats and tiny hamlets. There is ample parking space near the temple.
Perched atop a hill, the Kadyavarcha Ganpati Temple is beautiful, rustic and well-maintained. One of the main highlights at this temple is the Ganesha idol, which has its trunk curved towards the right, rather than the usual left-sided trunk observed in most Lord Ganesha representations. The Kadyavarcha Ganpati is also believed to be a ‘Navsala Pavnara Ganpati’ and ‘Jagrut Devta’ or a ‘live deity who responds to the pleas of his devotees’.
The atmosphere is temple is divine and extremely serene. After taking the ‘Darshan’ of the beautiful idol, you can sit, pray, meditate and relax in the temple for a little. Later, explore the scenic surroundings of this temple. The breathtaking views of the Arabian Sea from the top of this hill are absolutely magical. You can spend hours here, enjoying the stunning environs and marvelous views, while bonding with your loved ones. There are a few stalls near the temple selling puja items, flowers as well as a few snacks and local fruit juices. It is a lovely experience to just sip of some delicious Kokam or Karvanda juice and watch a spectacular sunset from the hilltop.
- Local snacks, water and juices are available at the few food stalls near the temple.
- You can relish authentic Konkani meals at the several homestays and restaurants situated in Dapoli.
- There are several great hotels and homestays in Dapoli.
- Mode of Transport: The best way to reach Kadyavarcha Ganpati Temple is by car.
Things to do
- Visit the beautiful Kadyavarcha Ganpati Temple, located in the village of Anjarle near Dapoli.
- Enjoy driving along an incredibly scenic route from Dapoli to Anjarle.
- Stop along the road to capture some stunning shots of the sea, fishing boats and tiny hamlets.
- Take ‘Darshan’ of the Ganpati idol and soak in the divine atmosphere of the temple.
- Explore the temple’s picturesque surroundings and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Arabian sea from hill top.
- Sip of some delicious Kokam or Karvanda juice, while you marvel at a magical sunset as it paints the entire region in a golden hue.