- 108 Kms
- 3 / 5
Location: In Raigad District
White Water Rafting on Kundalika River at Kolad is one of the most exciting and popular water adventure activities in Maharashtra.
White Water Rafting on Kundalika River at Kolad is one of the most exciting and popular water adventure activities in Maharashtra. Kundalika River originates in Maharashtra’s Western Ghats and joins the Arabian Sea at Roha’s creek. Kolad, Korlai, Chaul, Roha and Salav are the important towns located on the banks of Kundalika River. White Water Rafting is done at the quaint village of Kolad.
The beautiful Kundalika River is the only river in Maharashtra on which white water rafting is possible. Every day, the Bhira Dam releases rushing water into the Kundalika River turning it into a full-blown river with rapids ranging between grade II and grade IV. Navigating a raft over these rapids that stretch for almost 10-12 km is an absolutely thrilling experience and a must-do for every adventure enthusiast.
The total duration of the rafting expedition is approximately 1.5 hours and may vary a little based on the flow of water. Rafting starts early in the morning to coincide with the timing of water-release from Bhira Dam. However, during monsoon rafting can be enjoyed on Kundalika River all day. In fact, the best time to indulge in this activity is from June to September.
There are several local organizations and campsites that offer a complete package for Kundalika River Rafting. Most packages include guidance and training by qualified professionals, equipment and gear (raft, etc.), all meals and overnight stay at campsite or lodges. The trained experts accompany you for the ride as well as train you before you embark on the adventure. They also provide you with safety gear such as life-jackets and helmets. The activity does not require prior swimming experience.
- There are several campsites and local organizations offering a complete package for Kundalika River Rafting.
- Meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner and overnight stay at camps or lodges are included in the package.
- Mode of Transport: The best way to reach Kolad for Kundalika River Rafting is by car.
Things to do
- Experience the thrill of a lifetime as you indulge in White Water Rafting on Kundalika River.
- Explore the beautiful green surroundings of Kolad village.
- Indulge in other adventure activities such as kayaking, river crossing, rapelling, etc.