- 195 Kms
- 4 / 5
Location: Near Dapoli
The scenic Ladghar Beach is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Dapoli known for its picturesque beauty.
The secluded and scenic Ladghar Beach is about 8 km away from Dapoli, a popular tourist destination in Maharashtra’s Konkan region. It is also known as the ‘Tamas Teertha’ beach because a part of it is covered with red pebbles and the hue of the sea water seems to be red, especially noticeable during sunset.
A walk across this rocky beach, whether in the morning or in the evening is always refreshing. But make sure to wear your shoes when you walk over larger rocks and pebbles. Spend time reflecting on life as you watch the changing shades of the sea, accompanied by the sounds of the waves crashing against the rocks and the chirping of birds flying overhead.
No beach holiday is complete without some fun water sports, so make sure you enjoy some of the fun water activities available at Ladghar beach. A joyful camel ride or horseback ride makes the day even more enjoyable for the kids. If you visit early in the morning, take an exciting boat ride to see dolphins jumping across the water.
Although there are no food stalls nearby, most of the resorts have been built bang opposite the beach and it’s always a good idea to take a break or two to eat some delicious local cuisine. You may also replenish your energy stores by drinking sweet coconut water or eating seasonal fruits sold by the locals.
To the southern side of Ladghar beach lies Burundi, a tiny fishing hamlet. Walk a little distance across the beach to reach Burundi, to see fishermen go about their daily life or to capture on your camera the stunning scene of fishing boats dotting the shore. On the northern side of the beach, you will find a temple dedicated to Lord Dattatreya, situated atop a small hill. Enjoy the magical view of the sea and the surroundings from this hill during sunset.
- There are quite a few good resorts right along the Ladgar Beach providing comfortable accommodation and ample food options.
- Modes of Transport : You can travel to Ladghar in a privately-owned or hired car or by Maharashtra State Transport buses.
Things to do
- Stroll across the picturesque Ladghar Beach or ‘Tamas Teertha’, while observing the shades of the sea as its hues change from orange to red, and then a darker red during sunset.
- Enjoy a multitude of water sports and activities, including camel rides or horseback rides for kids.
- Go for an early morning ‘Dolphin-Watch’ boat ride to see the endearing creatures.
- Indulge in some mouth-watering local cuisine and fresh seafood.
- Walk a little distance to the south of the beach to photograph the fishermen and their fishing boats.
- Visit the Lord Dattatreya temple situated on a hill, towards the northern side of the beach.