- 57 Kms
- 4.5 / 5
Location: Near Pune
A private planned city near Pune, Lavasa is a popular getaway perfect for a memorable holiday with family and friends.
Lavasa is a private planned city being built near Pune. It is stylistically based on the Italian town of Portofino.
Lavasa is located in Western India, between Mumbai and Pune, in the midst of the majestic Sahyadris. It nestles in the emerald green valley surrounded by verdant, rolling hills, clouds and seasonal waterfalls. Situated 2000 to 3000 feet above sea level, it is a self-contained world where people can live, work, learn and play in harmony with nature.
There are five access routes to Lavasa. The most enhanced and developed one is the Chandni Chowk- Pune road to Lavasa. It offers a pleasurable drive. Lavasa is approximately one hour drive from Pune and three hours’ drive from Mumbai.
This hill city is being planned for approximately 0.3 million permanent residents with facilities for about 2 million tourists every year . Accommodation options in Lavasa range from budget to luxury hotels and a variety of restaurants ensure that every palate is catered to. With the opening of Lavasa International Convention Centre, business tourism has received a significant boost. With an array of options in entertainment, sports and hospitality, Lavasa is a destination for residents, tourists and businessmen alike. Life in Lavasa has been envisioned as energetic yet calm, aspirational yet affordable, hi-tech yet simple and urban yet close to nature. Goan and Mediterranean themed villas and apartments radiate outwards from the cosmopolitan town centre all along the lakefront. Here, residents and visitors can access state-of-the-art amenities while enjoying the tranquillity of wide-open expanses and a scenic natural waterfront. Lavasa enjoys a pleasant climate throughout the year giving one the chance to enjoy its beauty all year round. The entire area which Lavasa covers has abundant plantations of bamboo. Bamboo is an excellent eco-friendly option for making furniture and is also known to have Ayurvedic properties.
Lavasa is home to many rare species of flora and fauna.
One of the smallest birds in India, the Tickell’s flowerpecker, is found in Lavasa. The Malabar Whistling Thrush, is a singer bird found in Lavasa. It is popularly called the ‘Whistling Schoolboy’. The Osprey, a migratory bird from Europe, is also found here.
Two rare butterflies, the fascinating Blue Mormon and the Oak Leaf, are also found in Lavasa, indicating a thriving ecosystem.
Lavasa is home to the Karvi flower (Blue Bloom), which blooms once in 7 years! Lavasa is home to a spectrum of medicinal and aromatic plants such as Kumbha, Kuda, Chitrak, Waras, Ranjai.
- There are some beautiful hotels inside this planned hill city offering the very best for each and every one, catering to the choices of one and all.
- Lavasa has a variety of options when it comes to food and beverages. The wide range of cuisines covers the Fareast to the nooks and corners of India. A true foodie’s paradise this.
- Ekaant – The retreat is a snug 20 room resort with tastefully furnished rooms, breathtaking views and a multi-cuisine restaurant, Vyanjan. It offers the best in culinary delights
- Fortune Select Dasve: It is a contemporary full-service hotel offering excellent range of facilities and services. Each room opens up to either the scenic hills or the serene Warasgaon Lake.
- The Waterfront Shaw Apartment Hotel:is located between Warasgaon Lake and the picturesque mountain ranges. The accommodations at The Waterfront Shaw Apartment Hotel range from studio to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments with amenities that provide a wholesome living.
- Mercure Lavasa: Offering a peaceful getaway, Mercure Lavasa houses 130 modern rooms, a restaurant and a bar. It is the perfect combination of luxury with a reasonable price.
Things to do
- Train and bus tour- this tour is designed by Dilip Chhabria. The bus takes you on an unforgettable tour of the hill city. A ride through Lavasa city on the trackless train is surely a one of its kind experience.
- Waterfall safari- is a novel way to enjoy the monsoon at Lavasa. The lush green landscape an awe-inspiring scenery at every turn are truly mesmerizing. It is a 4-hour drive taking you through Mugaon, Dhamanhole and Dasve with stop overs at key waterfalls.
- Indoor golf centre- it is one of the most unique & one of the kind facility in India. The Indoor Pitch & Putt Golf course at Lavasa will introduce you to an amazing world of golf. Its interesting contours and the vibrant feel is very exciting for kids and adults alike. It offers you an assured fun time.
- You can also enjoy an international watersports experience, with activities like pontoons, bumper boats, jet skiing, water volleyball and pedal boats.