- 68 Kms
- 3 / 5
Location: Near Lonavala
Present only during monsoon, the tranquil Lonavala Lake or Monsoon Lake is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Lonavala.
Lonavala Lake is situated about 68 km away from Pune. The tranquil lake is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Lonavala. It is also known as the Monsoon Lake because it is filled with water during monsoon and dries up during the summer months. Hence, the best time to visit the lake is between July to September, when the area has been blessed with abundant rains.
During monsoon, the route from Pune to Lonavla Lake becomes especially scenic with cascading waterfalls and lush greenery around every corner. You can stop at many eye-catching spots along the way and capture some stunning shots of nature’s bounty.
The first sight of the lake is immensely beautiful and picturesque. Surrounded by verdant hills and foggy skies, Lonavala Lake looks absolutely dreamy during rainy season. As you get closer to the lake, the gentle breeze ruffles your hair and the soothing view of the serene blue water immediately calms your senses. The lake’s peaceful settings allow you the perfect opportunity to spend some memorable moments with family and friends.
There are many food stalls and eateries near the lake, serving delicious snacks and piping hot tea and coffee. The experience of eating mouthwatering vada-pavas and kanda-bhajis, while feasting your eyes on the sheer natural beauty of this place is simply amazing. Bird lovers visiting the lake will be in for a treat, as several species of birds are seen in this region.
After exploring Lonavla Lake, you can visit popular nearby attractions such as Bhushi Dam, Ryewood Park, Lion’s Point, Bhor Ghat, Kune Falls and more.
- There are many nice food stalls near the lake.
- There is ample accommodation available in the city of Lonavala.
- Mode of Transport : The best way to reach Lonavala Lake is by car.
Things to do
- Enjoy a refreshing monsoon break at the mesmerizing Lonavala Lake.
- Drive along a scenic route from Pune and photograph the cascading waterfalls and lush greenery along the way.
- Unwind and relax by the lake as the gentle breeze calms your senses.
- Spend some memorable moments with loved one in the lake’s peaceful settings
- Eat some delectable vada-pavas and kanda-bhajis, while feasting your eyes on the sheer natural beauty of this place.
- Indulge in birdwatching and photography.