- 198 Kms
- 3 / 5
Location: Near Chiplun
Situated near Chiplun, the beautiful Lote Parshuram Temple is dedicated to Lord Parshuram, the sixth avatar of Lord Vishnu.
The ancient Lote Parshuram Temple is situated about 7 km away from the city of Chiplun in the quaint Parshuram village. It is located about 198 km away from Pune. The temple is dedicated to Lord Parshuram, the sixth avatar of Lord Vishnu. It is one most revered and prominent temples in the Konkan region. It is believed that it was Lord Parshuram who created Konkan by pushing back the Arabian Sea with his arrows. Hence, Konkan is also known as Parshuram Kshetra.
The beautifully constructed Parshuram Temple is situated atop a hill amidst lush greenery. The temple is more than 700 years old and was built by the initiative of Shri Swami Paramhans Brahmendra. You have to climb about 100 steps to reach the temple, and this can be tiring for the elderly. However, there is a second easier approach to reach the temple. A motorable road takes you almost till the doorstep of the temple and you need to climb only 15-20 steps.
There are three beautiful deities inside the temple of Gods Parshuram, Kal and Kam. The idols are made of black stone. The atmosphere inside the temple is simply divine. You can seek the blessings of Lord Parshuram and then spend a few peaceful moments praying or meditating in the serene settings of this temple. The temple complex also houses the shrines of Lord Ganesha, Lord Hanuman and Goddess Renuka, the mother of Lord Parshuram. There is a small lake or ‘Kunda’ behind the temple known as Banganga. It is said this lake was created by Lord Parshuram by hitting the ground here with his bow and arrows.
There are quite a few local vendors on the way to temple selling typical home-made Konkani food products. While returning from the temple, make sure to visit the popular sunset point where you can enjoy piping hot tea and delicious onions pakodas.
- There are many nice homestays, hotels and restaurants in the city of Chiplun.
- You can purchase typical home-made Konkani food products from local vendors near the temple.
- Mode of Transport : The best way to reach Lote Parshuram Temple is by car.
Things to do
- Visit the beautiful Lote Parshuram Temple situated in the village of Parshuram near Chiplun city.
- Seek the blessings of Lord Parshuram and spend a few peaceful moments praying or meditating in the serene settings of this temple.
- Visit the shrine of Lord Ganesha, Lord Hanuman and Goddess Renuka, the mother of Lord Parshuram.
- Spend a few minutes by the small Banganga Lake or ‘Kunda’ located behind the temple.
- While returning from the temple, make sure to visit the popular sunset point where you can enjoy piping hot tea and delicious onions pakodas.