- 327 Kms
- 3 / 5
Location: In Ratnagiri District
Mahakali Devi Mandir is situated in Adivare, about 28 km away from the city of Rajapur.
Mahakali Devi Mandir is situated in the village of Adivare, about 28 km away from the city of Rajapur and about 39 km away from the city of Ratnagiri. It is located at a distance of around 330 km from Pune in Maharashtra’s Ratnagiri district. Dedicated to Goddess Mahakali, the temple attracts lakhs of devotees during the auspicious 9-day Navratri Festival.
It is believed Adivare Mahakali Devi Mandir was established in the year 1324. It is one of oldest and most beautiful temples in the region. The south-facing idol of Goddess Mahakali is made of black stone and is adorned with a vibrant saree every day. It is embellished with exquisite golden jewelry and gems from head to toe. The idol wears necklaces, a crown and holds a Damaru, a Trishul, a Talwar and a Panchpatra in each hand. The temple premises also house the idols of Goddess Yogeshwari, Goddess Mahalakshmi, Goddess Mahasaraswati and Shri Rawalnath.
The temple’s ceiling is decorated with mythological sculptures and murals, which have been recently repainted. A renovated area within the temple now includes a space specially dedicated for Navratri Havan. The atmosphere inside the temple is absolutely divine and peaceful. One can seek the blessings of the goddess and meditate and relax in the tranquil settings for a while. After visiting the temple, one can sip on piping hot tea and relish delicious vada-pavs, onion bhajis at the tea stall near the temple.
- Tea and snacks are available at the food stall located near the temple. Ample restaurants, hotels and homestays are located in the cities of Rajapur and Ratnagiri.
- Mode of Transport: The best way to reach Mahakali Devi Mandir, Adivare is by car.
Things to do
- Visit the beautiful Mahakali Temple situated in the village of Adivare near Ratnagiri.
- Seek the blessings of Goddess Mahakali and pray and meditate in the temple’s divine settings.
- Also take the ‘Darshan’ of Goddess Yogeshwari, Goddess Mahalakshmi, Goddess Mahasaraswati and Shri Rawalnath.