- 120 Kms
- 3 / 5
Location: Near Junnar
Nestled in the Sahyadris, the beautiful mountain pass of Malshej Ghat is a popular destination for a refreshing monsoon getaway.
Malshej Ghat is a beautiful mountain pass nestled in the spectacular Western Ghats. It is situated about 122 km away from Pune, 105 km away from Thane and 28 km away from Junnar. Owing to its perennial pleasant climate and exemplary natural beauty, Malshej Ghat has become a favourite holiday destination over the years, attracting trekkers, hikers, birders and nature-lovers from all over Maharashtra.
Monsoon and winter are the best seasons to witness Malshej Ghat’s beauty in all its glory. During monsoon, the entire locale is covered in vibrant hues of green. Numerous cascading waterfalls and dense grey clouds add to the magical rainy atmosphere. The lakes around Malshej Ghat are absolutely serene and picturesque and ideal spots for a leisurely picnic. Malshej Ghat is also home to a diverse array of flora and fauna. Birders can look forward to spotting flamingoes, quails, cranes and many other birds in this area.
Naneghat, Shivneri Fort, Ajoba Hill and Harishchandragad are few of the popular trekking destinations near Malshej Ghat. Another attraction close to Malshej Ghat is the Pimpalgaon Joga Dam.
- Snacks like roasted corn, onion pakodas, poha, etc. and tea/coffee are available at food stalls along the ghat. However there no big eateries or restaurants here, so it is advisable to carry your own food and sufficient water.
- There are a few good hotels near Malshej Ghat including MTDC Resort and Saj by the Lake Malshej.
- Mode of Transport: Best way to reach and explore Malshej Ghat is by car.
Things to do
- Enjoy a refreshing holiday at Malshej Ghat, a beautiful mountain pass and hill station nestled in the Western Ghats.
- Unwind and relax by exploring the incredible natural beauty of Malshej Ghat.
- During monsoon, enjoy Malshej Ghat’s numerous cascading waterfalls and lush greenery.
- Indulge in birdwatching and photography.
- Embark on a trek to nearby forts including Naneghat, Shivneri Fort, Ajoba Hill and Harishchandragad.