- 303 Kms
- 3 / 5
Location: In Nashik District
Set at a height of about 4,300 feet above sea level, Mulher Fort lies in the Dolbar Mountain Range in Maharashtra’s Nashik District.
Mulher Fort is a hill fort located in the village of Mulher in Maharashtra’s Nashik district. It is one of many popular forts situated in Nashik. Set at a height of about 4,300 feet above sea level, Mulher Fort lies in the Dolbar Mountain Range alongside the forts of Moragad and Hargad.
From 1310 to 1638, Mulher Fort was the capital of the Baglan region, when it was ruled by the Rathore dynasty of Bagul ancestry. Later, it was overtaken by the Mughals. In 1672, the Marathas, led by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj conquered Mulher Fort and several other forts in the Baglan region, which were under Mughal control.
Start your trek to Mulher Fort at the base village of Mulher. Mulher village is located on the south bank of Mausam River and is a considerably big village with a few hotels and general stores. Before you begin hiking you can grab a bite at one of the village eateries and also purchase snacks and beverages required for the trek.
The trail begins at the concrete road that leads you out of the village and towards the base of the fort. After a while, you reach a rolling plateau known as the Mulher Machi. There is beautiful ancient temple here, dedicated to Lord Ganesha. Relax in the temple for a while and soak in its peaceful atmosphere.
After a good rest, resume the trek and proceed to explore the fort. Along the way, you will come across temples dedicated to Lord Shiva, Lord Ram and Lord Laxman. There are remnants of an old palace next to the Ram-Laxman Temple. As you continue your explorations, you will also come across one of the fort’s bigger water tanks known as Moti Tank, which contains potable water.
You will pass through three doorways on this trail. All the doors are striking, but in a state of ruin. Atop the fort you will see a temple dedicated to Lord Bhadangnath, a few caves, about 9 water cisterns and several other ancient remnants. Climb over the small hill near Bhadangnath temple to enjoy spectacular views of forts like Moragad, Nhavigad, Tambolya, Hanumangad. From this point, you can even enjoy a mesmerizing view of the Mangi-Tungi Pinnacles.
- It is advisable to carry your own food and sufficient water for the trek.
- However, there are a few eateries and general stores at the base village, where you can purchase food and beverages.
- Overnight stay is possible on the top of Mulher Fort if you carry tents, sleeping bags, and cooking equipment.
- Or else, you may find accommodation in the city of Nashik, which about 123 km away from the fort.
- Mode of Transport: Best way to reach Mulher Fort is by car. Or you may go to Nashik first by train or bus. From Nashik, go to Mulher Wadi, the base village.
Things to do
- Embark on an adventurous trek to explore Mulher Fort, one of the most popular forts situated in Nashik.
- Along the way, visit the beautiful temples dedicated to Lord Ganesha, Lord Shiva, Lord Ram and Lord Laxman.
- Atop the fort, you will come across several water cisterns, a few caves, the temple dedicated to Lord Bhadangnath and many other ancient ruins.
- From the top of Mulher Fort, enjoy spectacular views of the Mangi-Tungi Pinnacles and the forts of Moragad, Nhavigad, Tambolya, Hanumangad.