- 258 Kms
- 3 / 5
Location: Near Kolhapur
Narsobachi Wadi is a prominent place of pilgrimage in Kolhapur district, where Shri Narasimha Saraswati (1378-1495), second avatar of Lord Dattatreya lived for 12 years.
Narasimhawadi, commonly known as Narsobachi Wadi or Narsobawadi is a prominent place of pilgrimage situated in Maharashtra’s Kolhapur district. The town derives its name from Shri Narasimha Saraswati (1378-1495), the second avatar of Lord Dattatreya, who lived in this small town for as long as 12 years. The sacred book of Shri Guru Charita, based on the life of Shri Narasimha Saraswati and written by 15-16th century poet Shri Saraswati Gangadhar makes a mention of Narasimhawadi as Amarapur.
Shri Narasimha Saraswati’s ‘Padukas’ are worshipped at the town’s beautiful temple dedicated to the revered guru. The temple is situated at the confluence of the Krishna River and the Panchganga River. You can descend down the temple’s steps and dip your feet in the holy river waters. The area around this temple has a lot of Audumbar trees, which are associated with Lord Dattatreya and are considered to be sacred by his devotees. The holy Audumbar tree under which Shri Narasimha Saraswati used to sit and mediate is also located inside the temple premises.
The temple’s atmosphere is extremely serene and divine. You can sit here for a while to pray or to meditate. During the day, you may also be able to witness bhatjees (temple priests) perform beautiful artis and puja. The bhatjee’s can also perform abhishek on your behalf. After taking darshan and eating the Prasad, you can explore the temple premises. If you are visiting during lunch hours, you can relish the delicious meal served at the Prasadalay or community dining hall.
The picturesque town of Narasimhawadi is truly an ideal destination for a short trip with family. There are many nice restaurants and comfortable hotels in the area. The town is also famous for delicious milk products such as Shrikhand, Basundi, Khava, Kunda, Pedha and more.
- There are many nice vegetarian restaurants and comfortable hotels in the town of Narasimhawadi.
- Mode of Transport : The best way to reach Narasimhawadi from Pune is by car.
Things to do
- Visit the sacred Shri Narasimha Saraswati’s Temple situated in the small town of Narasimhawadi.
- Take darshan of Shri Narasimha Saraswati’s ‘Padukas’ and partake in beautiful artis and puja performed by the temple priests.
- Meditate and pray in the temple’s peaceful and divine atmosphere.
- Feel refreshed as you dip your feet in the holy waters of Krishna River.
- Relish a delicious meal served at the temple’s Prasadalay or community dining hall.