- 41 Kms
- 3 / 5
Location: Near Pune
Built over the Ambi River, Panshet Dam is situated about 40 km away from Pune and is surrounded by the beautiful Sahyadri Mountain range.
Panshet Dam, also known as Tanajisagar Dam is situated about 40 km away from Pune. Built over the Ambi River, the dam is surrounded by the beautiful Sahyadri Mountain range. It is one of the best spots for an impromptu weekend picnic with family and friends.
The drive from Pune to Panshet is very scenic. During monsoon, you’ll see a lot of waterfalls on this route. On reaching the dam, enjoy a leisurely boat ride in the serene backwaters of Ambi River and feast your eyes on the backdrop of the lush green hills. Feel a sense of peace and calm as you soak up the natural beauty of this wonderful place.
Besides boating, you can also enjoy several exciting water sports at Panshet Dam. Indulge in kayaking, banana boat rides, water scooter rides and many more interesting activities. You can even go trekking in the nearby hills or cycle along the winding roads in the area. Panshet is the perfect destination for a thrilling getaway with friends.
Reach the dam early in the morning to witness a beautiful golden sunrise. During sunset, the entire scenery is transformed into a spectacle of orange, pink and purple. The dam’s tranquil settings are ideal for romantic evenings with your partner or a few quality moments with family.
There is only one restaurant near the dam and it serves delicious snacks, tea, coffee and cold drinks. You can sit here and relish the refreshments while looking at the spectacular sights in front of you.
- There is only restaurant near the Panshet Dam.
- There are few decent hotels in the vicinity of the dam where one can stay overnight.
- Mode of Transport : The best way to reach Panshet Dam is by car.
Things to do
- Visit the beautiful Panshet Dam for a fun one-day trip with friends and family.
- Enjoy a refreshing boat ride in the serene backwaters of Amba River.
- Adventure enthusiast can indulge in water sports such as kayaking, banana boat rides, water scooter rides and more.
- Go trekking in the nearby hills or cycle along the winding roads.
- Spend a romantic evening with your partner or quality moments with family while enjoying spectacular sunrise and sunset views.
- Enjoy delicious refreshments served by the only restaurant situated near the Dam.