- 156 Kms
- 3 / 5
Location: Near Alibaug
Revdanda Beach is a picturesque beach located 17 km away from the coastal town of Alibaug in Maharashtra’s Raigad district.
Revdanda Beach is a picturesque beach located 17 km away from the coastal town of Alibaug in Maharashtra’s Raigad district. The beach is an ideal spot for spending some quality moments with family and friends, relaxing in its tranquil settings.
Walk across the shiny black sand or sit back and take in the sheer beauty of this gorgeous beach, while enjoying the company of your loved ones. Kids may enjoy horse-cart rides, while the adults may partake in exciting water sports. Later, enjoy a breathtaking sunset and head to the Revdanda village to savour some delicious Konkani seafood and delectable local vegetarian fare.
If you love camping, then get in touch with organizers who arrange camps on Revdanda Beach. Camping on Revdanda Beach is an experience to be cherished forever. Gather your besties and set up your tents on the pristine and untouched beach. During the day, enjoy an energetic game of volleyball or indulge in adventurous water sports. As the night draws closer, light up a bonfire, try your hand at barbecuing or chill with your buddies while gazing at the starry skies.
Another attraction in Revdanda includes the Revdanda Fort, which was built by the Portuguese. Covered with coconut trees, the fort is in a dilapidated condition today, but worth a visit if you want to see a spectacular bird’s-eye view of the Arabian Sea. The sunset view from this fort is equally magical.
Also visit the Datta Mandir, a temple dedicated to Lord Dattatreya and visited by thousands of pilgrims each year. It is located in the Chaul area atop a steep hill and you will have to climb about 1500 stairs to reach the top. View a stunning panoramic landscape of the entire Revdanda village from this point. It is believed that this temple was built during the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj to keep a watchful eye over enemies.
- There are quite a few good resorts and homestays in the Revdanda village and its vicinity.
- Modes of Transport : A privately-owned car or a hired car is the best way to reach and Revdanda Beach from Pune.
Things to do
- Go camping at Revdanda Beach with your gang of buddies.
- Spend quality moments with your family in the picturesque beach settings.
- Visit Revdanda Fort for a bird’s-eye view of the Arabian Sea.
- Climb up a hill to visit Datta Mandir and view an impressive panoramic landscape of the entire Revdanda village.