- 141 Kms
- 3 / 5
Location: Near Satara
Situated about 26 km away from Satara, the spectacular Thoseghar Waterfalls are the highest waterfall in Maharashtra and the 4th highest waterfall in India.
Thoseghar Waterfalls are situated near the small village of Thoseghar, about 26 km away from Satara. They are the highest waterfall in Maharashtra and the 4th highest waterfall in India.
Driving from from Satara to Thoseghar is truly enjoyable because the road in a great condition, and the views along the way are absolutely beautiful. The waterfalls are active throughout the year. However, the best time to visit is between July and November, when the waterfalls are at their glorious best.
There are two waterfalls in Thoseghar, one is comparatively bigger than the other. One has to climb down a few steps at both places to get a good view of the waterfalls. Sturdy railings around the area ensure the safety of visitors. The stunning sight of the cascading white waterfalls emerging from lush green hills is absolutely breathtaking. One feels refreshed when the cool water sprays over you face and the gentle wind caresses your hair. The panoramic view near the bigger waterfall is especially magical. Also, do visit the wonderful cave situated near the smaller waterfall.
Thoseghar Waterfalls are a must visit if you are seeking some peace of mind and wish to relax in the lap of nature. The waterfalls are open to public between 8 am and 6 pm. Entry is available at a nominal fee. One cannot get down near any of the waterfalls. It is better to avoid going during weekends or public holidays as the place is very crowded on those days. Instead, visit on a weekday to fully soak up the beautiful natural splendor of Thoseghar Waterfalls.
There are few restaurants near the waterfalls where you can enjoy wholesome and delicious food. Ample parking space is also available near the walls. There are a few small lodges in the vicinity, where you can stay overnight. If time is on your hand, do explore other beautiful nearby places such as Sajjangad, Kaas and Chalkhewadi.
- There are a few good eateries near the falls, where you can eat wholesome and delicious food.
- Stay is available at small lodgings in the vicinity.
- Mode of Transport : Best way to reach Thoseghar Waterfalls from Pune is by car.
Things to do
- Enjoy a quick getaway to the enchanting Thosehar Waterfalls in Maharashtra.
- Photograph the highest waterfall in Maharashtra and the 4th highest waterfall of India.
- Marvel at the stunning natural beauty of the waterfalls and the lush green hills they emerge from.
- Feel refreshed as the cool water sprays over your face and the gentle wind ruffles your hair.
- Explore other beautiful places in Satara such as Sajjangad, Kaas and Chalkhewadi.