- 277 Kms
- 3 / 5
Location: Near Devrukh
Dedicated to Lord Shiva, Tikaleshwar Temple is situated on the Tikaleshwar Hill in the village of Talavade near the town of Devrukh.
Tikaleshwar Temple is situated in the village of Talavade near the town of Devrukh. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, the wonderful temple is located in the tehsil of Sangameshwar in Maharashtra’s Ratnagiri district. It is a popular spot for a short trek. Devotees crowd the temple of the auspicious occasion of Maha Shivratri.
Nestled in the Sahyadri Mountains, the Tikaleshwar Temple is perched atop a steep hill, which is also known as Tikaleshwar. The temple is about 5 km away from Devrukh. Recently, a small motorable road has been constructed to makes it easier to the access the temple, but the road ends at the parking lot. From the parking space, one has to climb up about 200 odd steps to reach the temple. This ascent is quite steep and considerably difficult. Seasoned trekkers may find the trek relatively easy, but others may find it tiring.
The tiresome hike seems worth it once you make to the top of the hill. One is rewarded by the most breathtaking view of the Sahyadris. The lush green mountains, deep valleys, dense forests and blue skies are a sight to behold. From the top of this hill one can clearly see Maimatgad to the east and the path leading to the Marleshwar Temple. The temple itself is painted white and houses a Shiv Linga as well as small idols of Lord Ganesha, Lord Dattatreya and Lord Hanuman. There is a spacious roofed shelter next to the temple, where once can sit and relax. The serene atmosphere of the temple provides the perfect settings for meditation and for some peace of mind.
Since the temple is situated deep within the forest, it is quite isolated. There aren’t any facilities for refreshments. Hence, one must carry sufficient waters and snacks while visiting the temple.
- One need to carry sufficient water and snacks while visiting the temple as there aren’t any refreshment facilities available here.
- Accommodation is available in the town of Devrukh.
- Mode of Transport : The best way to reach Tikaleshwar Temple is by car.
Things to do
- Visit the wonderful Tikaleshwar Temple, located near the town of Devrukh.
- Hike up the Tikaleshwar Mountain to reach the temple.
- On reaching the top, enjoy the breathtaking views of the Sahyadris Mountains.
- Feel one with nature as you feast your eyes on the lush green mountains, deep valleys, dense forests and blue skies.
- Meditate and relax in the peaceful settings of this temple.