- 130 Kms
- 4 / 5
Location: Near Panvel
Difficulty Level: Hard
Situated in the Sahyadris at 2,300 feet above sea level, Kalavantin Durg is often called the world’s most dangerous fort due to its steep inclination.
- Mode of Transport: Regular MSRTC bus service is available from Pune to Panvel. Or else you can take your own car till the base village of Thakurwadi.
- Base Village: Prabalmachi/Thakurwadi
- Food and Water Availability: Food is not available on the fort, but it is available at the base village of Thakurwadi. You need to carry sufficient water as there is no drinking water available atop the fort.
- Trek Duration: It takes about 2 to 3 hours to reach the top of the fort.
- Trek Route: Rock-cut steps with steep incline.