- 140 Kms
- 5 / 5
Location: Raigad District
Difficulty Level: Hard
Lingana is a massive pinnacle in the Sahyadris located between the forts of Raigad and Torna.
- Mode of Transport: You may travel by car or by the State Transport bus to reach Mahad. From Mahad, take another bus to Paane village, which lies at the base of the fort. Or else, take the second route starting at Velhe village and stop at Mohari village. After reaching Paane or Velhe, proceed to the Railing plateau.
- Base Village: Paane/Velhe and Railing Plateau.
- Food and Water Availability: Food is not available on the fort, but it is available at the base village. The quantity of drinking water available atop the fort is quite less. Therefore, you need to carry sufficient water for the trek.
- Trek Duration: It takes about 1 to 2 hours to reach the top. The trek involves rock climbing. Therefore, it is required to carry rock climbing equipment.
- Trek Route: Dirt terrain with a few rocky patches.