- 65 Kms
- 5 / 5
Location: Near Pune
Difficulty Level: Hard
Originally known as Murumdev Fort, Rajgad Fort was the capital of the Maratha Empire under Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for almost 26 years.
- Mode of Transport: Regular MSRTC bus service is available from Pune to the base village. Or else, you can go to the base village in your own vehicle.
- Base Village: Bhosalewadi and Gunjavane are the two base villages.
- Food and Water Availability Food is available on the fort only on weekends. At other times, food is available in the base village. Potable water is available atop the fort but its inadequate. Therefore, you need to carry sufficient water.
- Trek Duration: It takes about 2 to 3 hours to reach the top.
- Trek Route: Dirt terrain with a few rock patches and a paved pathway.