- 238 Kms
- 3 / 5
Location: Near Igatpuri
A hidden gem situated within Maharashtra’s Western Ghats, Vihigaon Waterfall is a popular spot for a refreshing monsoon getaway with family and friends.
Vihigaon Waterfall is situated in the village of Vihigaon about 13 km away from the towns of Kasara and Igatpuri. The waterfall is also known as Ashoka Waterfall because some scenes of the movie ‘Asoka’ were shot here. The impressive waterfall is a seasonal waterfall, active during monsoon. It is the ideal destination for a refreshing monsoon getaway. Vihigaon Waterfall is also a major adventure hub, popular for its offering of waterfall rappelling.
Vihigaon Waterfall is located deep within a forested area in Maharashtra’s spectacular Western Ghats. You have to embark on a small trek to reach the waterfall. Along the way, you’ll spot a variety of flora and fauna. Birdwatchers will be delighted by the array of birds spotted in this area. Surrounded by lush greenery, the waterfall is the perfect spot for a picnic with family and friends. You can sit back, relax and enjoy the picturesque beauty of the waterfall and even take a dip in the pool formed below. Those seeking adventure must try their hand at rappelling down the waterfall. It is a thrilling experience to rappel down this waterfall, which cascades down a height of about 120 feet. But make sure to do this activity under the guidance of qualified experts
After spending an enjoyable time at the waterfall, explore the charming rural life of Vihigaon village, a simple but rustic Adivasi village. Carry your own food and sufficient water as there are no food stalls at Vihigaon village. However, locals can arrange for authentic home cooked meals on prior request. Monsoon is the best time to visit this waterfall, but it is advisable to avoid this waterfall during heavy rains when there are chances of flood-like conditions.
- Carry your own food and sufficient water as there are no food stalls at Vihigaon village. However, locals can arrange for authentic home cooked meals on prior request.
- There aren’t any stay options near the waterfall but there are several hotels and resorts in the neighbouring town of Igatpuri.
- Mode of Transport: The best way to reach Vihigaon Waterfall is by car.
Things to do
- Enjoy a refreshing monsoon getaway at Vihigaon Waterfall situated near Igatpuri.
- Set up a picnic amidst the lush green surroundings and marvel at the sheer natural beauty of the spectacular waterfall.
- Explore and photograph the variety of flora and fauna seen in this area.
- Adventure enthusiasts can indulge in waterfall rappelling, the most popular activity at Vihigaon Waterfall.